Just so you know, I don’t just challenge you guys to do things and not do them myself. You can find the original challenge here. Here’s how I fared in the kindness challenge:
- Monday: I was leaving the bank and noticed that a car in the parking lot had the interior light turned on, so I went back in and asked around to find the driver and let them know. I also stopped to pick up a nail in a parking lot, hopefully saving someone a flat tire (this is indirect kindness, but I’m still gonna count it).
- Tuesday: Posted the following note on a random car windshield
- Wednesday: Forgot to make a conscious effort on Wednesday. I did offer to spot a stranger at the gym when he was lifting some weight that was pretty heavy for him. He accepted thankfully, so maybe that counts?
- Thursday: Forgot to make a conscious effort again, dang it. But I did go play disc golf with a buddy, and we let a stranger play the round with us because he was throwing by himself. Maybe that counts?
- Friday: Went out to dinner with some friends and put this on a random car in the parking lot.
- Saturday: Forgot again. Dang it.
- Sunday: Put this on a random car:
Well that wraps up the week. I’d say I did fair, not great. I consciously made an effort on 4/7 days, and maybe got an extra half day of credit out of pure luck. Also, I was sort of a one trick pony with the signs on the car windshields, but it was just the easiest way for me to remember. But I still tried to put some smiles on some strangers’ faces and that’s all that counts. I am only asking for progress, not perfection.
Did you complete the challenge? Even if you didn’t, share something nice you’ve done for a stranger recently!